|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Screenshots|
New version 1.2 (20050417)!
Link Visitor is now 1.2 (20050417)
Link Visitor is a simple extension to the context menu in your browser. With this extension, you can:
- Mark a link as visited or unvisited
- Mark all selected links as visited or unvisited
- Mark all links as visited or unvisited
- Always mark bookmarked links as visited
What's New in Link Visitor 1.2
- No new features added, only now it is compatible with Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 (20050414). See bug 290200.
Version 1.2 is tested with Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 (20050414), and Mozilla 1.8a5 (20041122).
What's New in Link Visitor 1.1
- No new features added, only now it has keyboard shortcuts and menu item access keys.
- Built 1.1.20050310 has it-IT localization (thanks jooliaan) and a modification to install.rdf.
- Built 1.1.20050315 also has fr-FR localization (thanks Wronschien).
Version 1.1 is tested with Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1 (20050225), and Mozilla 1.75 (20041217).
What's New in Link Visitor 1.0
- No new features added, only now it is compatible with Mozilla Firefox 1.0 Preview Release (0.10.1), Mozilla 1.71+ and Mozilla 1.8a4.
Version 1.0 is tested with Mozilla Firefox 1.0 Preview Release (0.10.1 20041001), Mozilla 1.71 (20040707), Mozilla 1.73 (20040910), and Mozilla 1.8a4 (20040927), phew!
What's New in Link Visitor 0.4
- No new features added, only now it supports the new Extension Manager in Mozilla Firefox 0.9.
Version 0.4 is tested with Mozilla Firefox 0.80+ Branch 20040606.
What's New in Link Visitor 0.31
- No new features added, only changes in code to interface with @mozilla.org/browser/global-history;2.
Version 0.31 is tested with Mozilla 1.7rc1 and Mozilla Firefox 0.80+ Trunk 20040416.
What's New in Link Visitor 0.30
- No need to select all items in page to mark all links as visited or unvisited.
- An option to always mark bookmarked links as visited.
- Redesigned menu items. The commands now also exist in View menu of the main menu.
- Install the extension in the global chrome or the user profile chrome.
Version 0.30 is tested with Mozilla 1.5, Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 and Mozilla Firebird 0.7 (Mozilla Browser 1.3+ should work fine).
Why did I write this extension? I have a few web pages that I visit frequently. The pages have some useful links and of course some bad links. I will visit most of the visited links in the pages again to save time when looking for stuffs.
Unfortunately useless links do get marked as visited; sometimes I accidentally click them; and I must also visit new potential links to check their contents.
I used to open the History Window and removed any links that I found useless, and after doing it for too many times I decided to write an extension to make my life brighter. Okay the URLs in the history will be automatically removed after they expired, but this extension is still usable since useful links that get visited often will not expire anyway, unless you take a long vacation or something....
By the way, this extension is also useful to web page designers. Do you want to see the designed page with all links visited? unvisited?